Re: st: ATE in stata 7, matching

Subject   Re: st: ATE in stata 7, matching
Date   Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:18:44 -0500

At 07:00 PM 12/7/2004 +0000, Katarina Lynch wrote:
Thank you once again for help!

I tried all the directories, but it gave the same unacessibility message. I think, Richard is right - it has never been updated. Tomorrow morning will try to harass the administrators:)

Kate
I'd be a little surprised if you don't have write access to something. Are people who work on public machines never supposed to save any files, including word documents and excel spreadsheets? I would suggest (a) harassing the administrators to update Stata, since you probably will need them to do that, and (b) print out the Stata at ND link I sent before, along with the files it links to, and ask your network people whether it can be adapted to your situation.

If worse comes to worst, you could probably use a floppy disk. Or, better yet, a zip disk, if you have zip drives installed. But again, I would be really surprised if there isn't some way for you to write files to a network or local drive.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]