st: difference from the mean

From   "Naceur Khraief" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: difference from the mean
Date   Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:18:05 -0500

Hi users

First, I have a variable x_i for each six country (i = 1,...,6) and I want to calculate the difference x_i - xbar_i. Or the xbar_i  is the mean of the variable of x_i for each country. Did you have an idea about the command that I should do?
Second I want to to inform my friend McKenna, Timothy that for the case of  a cross section tobit we can obtain robust standard errors by using the command: intreg. But Nick has informed yesterday that the case of panel tobit   hasn't been implemented. Theorically this method is feasible and you can see Adriaan S.Kalwij(2004).
Thanks