RE: st: Re: The Case of the Disappearing Command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: The Case of the Disappearing Command
Date   Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:02:52 -0000

Note in addition that the line of code
you quoted as problematic uses the -floor()- and -mdy()-
functions. These are part of the executable
and therefore at most are changed when the
executable changes. A search of -whatsnew.hlp-
does not indicate any recent documented fixes or changes
although I cannot speak for any such that are
undocumented.

A more crucial point may be what the data were when your
code stopped working as you expected ("disappeared"
is by your own account a mis-description). You
report all empty results ("empty" presumably meaning "missing")
when all the variables supplied were non-missing.
This is indeed mysterious from the sound of it, although not
necessarily impossible. To make progress I think tech-support
at StataCorp would need to see a copy of the data concerned.

Richard Williams