st: marginal effects after xtprobit

From   Defne Ezgi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: marginal effects after xtprobit
Date   Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:32:24 -0500

Hi,
I have a BTSCS dataset. I ran the xtprobit model. I am now trying to
calculate the marginal effects. I used the mfx command. I used the
predict(the pu0) option to get the predicted probabilities. However, it
gives me a probability of 1 no matter what the values of the
explanatory variables are. I then used the xb option to give me the
linear prediction on y. When all indep. variables are set at their
means, I get a value of 9.1806537 and when I increase my variable of
interest by one standard deviation (keeping all others at their means),
I get a value of 11.549849. I have no idea how to interpret these
numbers. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Defne