st: Re: Row median

From   "Ronnie Babigumira" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Row median
Date   Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:01:22 +0100

Not reading before posting, my email looks like gibberish. Anyway, the
point I wanted to make was that egenodd has an extension rmed that does
what you want to do. findit egenodd should point you to the link where
you can install it from.

Ronnie

>>> [email protected] 02.12.2004 12:57:26 >>>
Nick (3...the others being Winter and Cox, may there there are others
as
well)

Take a look egenodd  at STB-57  dm70.1 you will find egenodd and one
of
the extensions is

rmed(varlist) returns the median across variables for each
    observation. (The number of variables must not exceed the number
of
    observations.)

Ronnie
>>> [email protected] 02.12.2004 12:35:40 >>>
I need to calculate a median across rows of data. Is there an
equivalent to
rmean that would do this? I had considered transposing the data and
using
tabstat but the data structure makes this rather messy. My Stata
programming
skills are poor.
Many thanks,

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger