st: RE: Hardy-Weinberg with genhw

From   "Cleves, Mario A" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Hardy-Weinberg with genhw
Date   Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:28:05 -0600

Paolo Grillo asked:

>I have to perform Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium test with your stata
program
>"genhw" a lot of gene polymorphism.
>So, I wrote a Stata do.file with the loop "foreach".  Unfortunately the
>program stopped when an allele frequencies is equal to = 0.

Paolo is using an older version of -genhw- which failed when any of the
allele frequencies were equal to zero. Verify this by typing:

. which genhw
c:\ado\stbplus\g\genhw.ado
*! version 7.0.0  10dec2002

Paolo can install the newest version which is available on my website
www.biostat-resources.com/stata/index.htm or simply type -findit genhw-
within Stata, and follow the links for "genhw from
http://biostat-resources.com/stata";.

If Paolo's polymorphisms are all SNPs then he may also want to download
and install -hwqtl- which is use to perform Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium
tests for multiple SNPs, which is what I think Paolo is trying to
program.

Regards,
Mario.

Mario A. Cleves, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Senior Biostatistician
Department of Pediatrics
UAMS College of Medicine
Arkansas Center for Birth Defects Research and Prevention
11219 Financial Centre Parkway, Suite 250
Little Rock, AR  72211
Telephone: 501-364-5001
Fax: 501-364-5107
Email: [email protected]

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.