Re: st: Graph resolution under LINUX

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Graph resolution under LINUX
Date   Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:08:12 +0100

Thomas Speidel wrote:
> I am switching to STATA 8 from windows to LINUX and noticed how the
> quality (i.e. resolution) of the graphs seem much lower than Windows.
> I have tried to save the graphs in many different formats, including
> .tif, .eps, .ps etc.  to be used in different applications (especially
> document editors).  I also used GSView to convert a postsript to
> numerous file formats (eps, pdf etc) at different level of resolution.
>
> It looks like the graph produced in STATA for Windows have a better
> resolution.
> Has anyone notices this? Is there a way around it?

I use Stata for Linux since years, and I never had any problems with the graph
resulution. Are the problems arise for previewing the graphs on the screen or
also when printing?

uli

+49 (030) 25491-361