st: RE: fixed effects and random effects

From   "Scott Merryman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: fixed effects and random effects
Date   Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:04:56 -0600

No, it is not a problem.  Singletons provide information about the constant,
the variance components, the between R-sq, the overall R-sq and the
correlation between the u_i and xb.

See David Drukker's post at:

Hope this helps,