st: RE: merge with imperfect name matches

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: merge with imperfect name matches
Date   Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:48:47 -0000

Brendan Miller asked a similar question
on 8 February. The answer is nearer "No"
than "Yes", but you should check out Bill
Gould's long reply on alternatives
and Michael Blasnik's soundex code.

I found this out by searching the Statalist

David K Evans