Re: st: RE: all matrix names in namelist?

Subject   Re: st: RE: all matrix names in namelist?
Date   Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:29:28 -0600

Nick Cox <> answered a question from Andrew with:

> As I understand it, the real question here is whether
> you can pick up the results of -mat dir- automatically and
> the answer appears to be: not easily. I can only think
> of turning on a log, doing -mat dir-, closing the log
> and then processing the log. But that would be awkward
> to say the least, not least if a log is already in
> process.

Take a look at -help macro- and follow the link for extended_fcn
(i.e., -help extended_fcn-).  The -all matrices- macro extended
function will give you what you want.

Ken Higbee
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC