st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Parsing not-quite-standard syntax

From   "David Harrison" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Parsing not-quite-standard syntax
Date   Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:59:11 -0000

Many thanks for your suggestions.

After much experimenting, I would add "bind" to the gettoken statement to avoid any problems parsing functions that contain commas (this seems to be a very useful option I had not come across before).

Otherwise, this is pretty much what I have ended up with (but a little more complicated to split off the name from the beginning, as this turns out to be important for the real program). Bundling if and in together has saved a lot of work though. I also like the idea of using -syntax- to parse the rest once the dodgy bits have been removed - very handy.

Nick Cox: