Re: st: Error with -update all-

Subject   Re: st: Error with -update all-
Date   Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:18:55 -0500

At 10:04 AM 11/29/2004 +1030, Patricia Sourdin wrote:
Hi
I'm trying to update all and after quite a while of downloading, I get the
following message and therefore the whole process stops.

file http://www.stata.com/updates3/ado/linestyle-p#line.style not found
server says file temporarily redirected to http://www.stata.com/error/404.html

Does anyone know what's going on and how do I continue to update all?
Like Nick says, try again later. However, I have found that machines that have never been upgraded since the initial release seem to get weird errors that cause the update to die. Ergo, if problems persist, you might try a manual upgrade, and hopefully you won't have any problems after that. See

http://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata8.html

Incidentally, for those who haven't noticed, ado file updates were released on Nov. 24.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]