Re: st: Modelling two binary outcomes that are not mutually exclusive

From   SamL <>
Subject   Re: st: Modelling two binary outcomes that are not mutually exclusive
Date   Sat, 27 Nov 2004 08:05:32 -0800 (PST)

I don't understand why you wouldn't use a bivariate probit model.  It is
my understanding that this model is designed for 2 binary outcomes.  The
error terms in the two equations are allowed to be correlated (the
correlation is estimated).  Many people use this with one equation being a
"selection" equation, but that is not required.  If I understand your
issue correctly, this would be an appropriate model--not multinomial

Hope this helps.