Re: st: error message in biprobit

From   "Marc F. Bellemare" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: error message in biprobit
Date   Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:58:42 -0500

The problem is that the initial values that Stata plugs into your likelihood function are not feasible. My hunch is that you'll have to use the -ml- set of commands and program a bivariate probit yourself so as to be able to tweak the algorithm so that (i) it has feasible initial values; and (ii) converges.

I hope this helps,

Marc