st: Re: foreach loop

From   Christopher F Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: foreach loop
Date   Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:46:15 -0500

I know nothing about metaregW. Try putting

summarize `v'  weight2

just before the metaregW line.

On Nov 24, 2004, at 2:33, statalist-digest wrote:

I successfully ran your original syntax on my machine. Next tried
substituting the random effects regression macro (metaregW) for line 4
in your syntax using the auto data (after generating a mock weight2
variable needed by the macro), thus:

qui metaregW price `v' [aw=weight2] , model(ml) /* weight2
is a constant=1 for this test run */

But, I get one of two error messages: r(111) [headroom] not found; or
r(2000) no observations.

I know the metaregW macro will run in the simple foreach command, so
does that mean it should also work in this more complex foreach version?
Kit Baum, Boston College Economics