st: Re: foreach loop

From   Christopher F Baum <baum@bc.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Re: foreach loop
Date   Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:46:15 -0500

I know nothing about metaregW. Try putting

summarize `v'  weight2

just before the metaregW line.

Kit

On Nov 24, 2004, at 2:33, statalist-digest wrote:

I successfully ran your original syntax on my machine. Next tried
substituting the random effects regression macro (metaregW) for line 4
in your syntax using the auto data (after generating a mock weight2
variable needed by the macro), thus:

qui metaregW price `v' [aw=weight2] , model(ml) /* weight2
is a constant=1 for this test run */

But, I get one of two error messages: r(111) [headroom] not found; or
r(2000) no observations.

I know the metaregW macro will run in the simple foreach command, so
does that mean it should also work in this more complex foreach version?
Kit Baum, Boston College Economics      baum@bc.edu
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html