Re: st: corruption

Subject   Re: st: corruption
Date   Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:32:16 -0500

At 12:16 PM 11/23/2004 -0500, Kit Baum wrote:

Even if you have a firewall, if it allows browser downloads, it should work with Stata; Stata is talking on port 80 (HTTP) as well when it does 'net' commands. You might have to set your proxy settings in Stata, just as someone has probably done for your web browser. I have had to do this in various UK academic sites where they use proxy servers.
Also - I have one machine where Stata can't access the internet for some reason. So, what I do is just copy c:\ado from one machine to another. That helps keep your setups similar anyway.

Richard Williams, Associate Professor
OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227