Re: st: printing problems: Graph in Word (Stata 8)

From   Rafal Raciborski <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: printing problems: Graph in Word (Stata 8)
Date   Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:26:17 -0500

Save the graph `asis,' open it in a new Stata window, and then copy it to Word
by right-clicking and simply choosing copy and paste; no format needs to be
specified.  All the colors (whether color or b&w) should be preserved.  I also
recommend using medthick or thick for clwidth.

rafal

Quoting "Ngo,PT  (pgr)" <[email protected]>:

> Dear Statalisters,
>
> There was a posting a while ago regarding problems printing Stata graphs
> after they have been inserted in a Word document. "The graph looks correct
> when viewed in  Word on the screen and in "show print", however when i print
> the Word document the histogram looks
> black- almost a negative with faint white lines and no legends".
>
> The graph is inserted in picture format.
>
> I am not sure what was the final answer to this posting. Can someone guide me
> on this? Graphs are being printed all right from Stata itself.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance,
>
> Thi Minh

> >From   "Alan Acock" <[email protected]>
> To   <[email protected]>,
> <[email protected]>
> Subject   st: re. printing graphs.
> Date   Sun, 1 Jun 2003 09:46:05 -0700

> This may be a solution if you have not already done it. When printing, pick
> printer properties. Under some tab you probably have print "grey scale".
> Alan Acock
> Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:07:35 +0200
> From: "Jonathan Kaplan" <[email protected]>
> Subject: st: printing problems: Graph in Word
>
> Using Stata 8 latest update, with Win 98SE and XP and Word 2000:
>
> I'm having problems printing Stata graphs after they have been inserted in a
> Word document.
>
> Curiously the histogram looks correct when viewed in  Word on the screen and
> in "show print", however when i print the Word document the histogram looks
> black- almost a negative with faint white lines and no legends. The graph is
> inserted in emf format.
>
> I've updated the printer drivers for my two printers Lexmark E320( WIN98SE)
> and HP6P(WinXP), I've tried "print as graphics" and tried different graph
> preferences in Stata. The graphs prints correctly when printed directly from
> Stata.
>
> suggestions?
>
> JK

Rafal Raciborski