st: Re: op sys refuses to provide memory

From   "Kerry Kammire" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: op sys refuses to provide memory
Date   Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:55:51 -0600

You are encountering a limit that has its origins both in the 32-bit
hardware and the way Windows allocates memory.

Most users are successful in getting Windows to release more contiguous
memory by shutting down the programs that automatically launch in the
background when Windows starts up. This is beneficial because even small
programs can be loaded into the middle of the contiguous memory block and
break it into smaller pieces.

Another alternative that can help with this issue is to tweak Windows to
allow programs access to more memory. The link below details one such work
around for Windows operative system.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/memory/base/4gt_ram_tuning.asp

-Kerry Kammire
 [email protected]

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:13:21 +0900, Javi Garcia