Re: st: op sys refuses to provide memory

Subject   Re: st: op sys refuses to provide memory
Date   Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:18:43 -0500

If the issue is with the contiguous block of memory, getting a memory
manager (see e.g. http://www.tucows.com/resource95_default.html). I
doubt this is indeed an issue, however: I was able to allocate 300m of
memory in Stata when those memory managers were reporting something
like 250m of free memory available by Windows (and hence the largest
contiguous block would be some 50m at most, given how sloppy Windows
is with it). This must be a weird interaction of Stata with XP, and
then tech-support would give you a much better advice.

Also, check whether you can get a 64-bit Stata that should work better
on massive memory problems.

Stas

--
Stas Kolenikov