Re: st: some more questions on panel regressions

From   Mark Schaffer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected], Indradeep Ghosh <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: some more questions on panel regressions
Date   Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:04:52 +0000 (GMT)

Indradeep,

Quoting Indradeep Ghosh <[email protected]>:

> hi all
> thanks for the responses to my earlier post on "two way error
> components
> model"
> i have two questions :
> 1) why does stata not allow the robust option with any of the XTREG
>  commands? must i use XTGLS? my only problem with using XTGLS is that
> if i  have a fixed effects specification, i lose too many degrees of
> freedom for XTGLS to work

-areg- will do fixed effects estimation with robust or cluster options.

--Mark

> 2) does stata offer unit root and cointegration tests for panel data?
> thanks again
> deep

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3008
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient
you are prohibited from using any of the information contained
in this e-mail.  In such a case, please destroy all copies in
your possession and notify the sender by reply e-mail.  Heriot
Watt University does not accept liability or responsibility
for changes made to this e-mail after it was sent, or for
viruses transmitted through this e-mail.  Opinions, comments,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
relate to the official business of Heriot Watt University are
not endorsed by it.