st: console Stata/SE OSX

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: console Stata/SE OSX
Date   Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:53:21 -0500

Rob wrote:

I just tried to install and run the new console version, and had a
problem at step 8 of the installation, where I need to execute
stata-se for the first time. Executing it started up Stata, but then
I got the error message

stata.lic must be located in /usr/local/stata
not in /Applications/Stata/

So I moved the file stata.lic to /usr/local/stata and tried executing
stata-se again. This time I got the error message

Cannot find license file

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Am I missing an obvious solution?

1) yes
2) no

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

* For searches and help try: