Re: st: Logistic Regression with Stata

Subject   Re: st: Logistic Regression with Stata
Date   Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:25:53 -0500

At 08:15 AM 11/20/2004 -0500, Emmanuel F. Koku wrote:
Good Morning StatListers,

I am new, very new to Stata - just migrating from Spss....
Having made that transition myself, I highly recommend Hamilton's book as an intro to Stata:

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/sws.html

I am using Stata version 6.

I need to estimate a logistic regression model, and interested in obtaining
standardized coeffs (betas) and odds ratios. does the logit and logistic
commands give these or there are special macros i need to dowload?
Life might be easier if you had Stata 8. However, hopefully the -spostado- routines of Long and Freese will work for you. Go to

http://www.indiana.edu/~jslsoc/spost.htm

for information about the routines and how to install them. In particular, I think you want their -listcoef- command.

Secondly, I am using this web-book "Logistic Regression with Stata
by Xiao Chen, Phil Ender, Michael Mitchell & Christine Wells" - would it give me
adequate intro to logistic regression modeling in stata?
Another brief introduction to logistic regression with Stata is at

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats2/Logistic-Stata.pdf

Very good and much more in depth is Long and Freese's book:

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/regmodcdvs.html

Other brief "Stata highlights" are at

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats1/StataHighlights.html

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463