st: Logistic Regression with Stata

From   "Emmanuel F. Koku" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Logistic Regression with Stata
Date   Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:15:53 -0500

Good Morning StatListers,

I am new, very new to Stata - just migrating from Spss....

I am using Stata version 6.

I need to estimate a logistic regression model, and interested in obtaining
standardized coeffs (betas) and odds ratios. does the logit and logistic
commands give these or there are special macros i need to dowload?

Secondly, I am using this web-book "Logistic Regression with Stata
by Xiao Chen, Phil Ender, Michael Mitchell & Christine Wells" - would it give me
adequate intro to logistic regression modeling in stata?

thanks - emmanuel
Emmanuel F. Koku
[email protected]
Ph.D Candidate and Research Associate
Centre for Urban and Community Studies
University of Toronto
455 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, Canada M5S 2G8
Tel: 1(443)465-4653
Fax: 1(208)977-0232

Quoting Dari Sylvester <[email protected]>:

 Greetings, Statlisters:

 I am currently running a 3-level nested model in
 gllamm with an n=30,000.  It has been running for 39
 hours and it on iteration 7.

 I have been told these programs may run overnight, but
 never heard of something this long.  Since I'm new to
 gllamm, I'm afraid I've done something wrong.  I've
 included the commands below:

 gllamm volun schmooz soctrust macher happy educ income
 marital, i(respno friend zip)

 Volun = DV; schmooz - marital = explanatory vars;
 respno, friend, zip are my 3 levels

 Does anyone have any insight on this??

 Thanks much!
 Dari

 =====

 Dari Elise Sylvester

 Doctoral Candidate

 Department of Political Science, Stony Brook University