st: RE: Translation!?!

From   "David Harrison" <David@icnarc.org>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Translation!?!
Date   Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:02:16 -0000

Have you looked at what is inside any of these zip files...? If you have been told to use them in Stata, then you may well find that once unzipped some of them are Stata datasets (eg Cheese.dta, Dandruff.dta...) and others are in ASCII, Excel or Minitab formats for the points during your course where you either use these programs or (more usefully!) learn how to import them into Stata.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: flanagan@uchicago.edu [mailto:flanagan@uchicago.edu]
Sent: 18 November 2004 18:03
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Translation!?!

I'm taking an introduction statistics course, and I'm supposed to use data
sets that are stored on the web in zip files for stata. However, the zip files
are for the following programs:
ASCII format (Zip archive)
Excel format (Zip archive)
Minitab format (Zip archive)
Conversion Guide for Minitab Version 14 (PDF)
TI-83 format (Zip archive)
JMP (Zip archive)
Cheese (Zip archive)
Concept (Zip archive)
Csdata(Zip archive)
Dandruff (Zip archive)
Individuals (Zip archive)
Majors (Zip archive)
Plants1 (Zip archive)
Plants2 (Zip archive)
Reading (Zip archive)

anyone know which one would be comprable to STATA?

Cheers