st: impute: too many variables specified

From   Chris Wallace <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: impute: too many variables specified
Date   Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:32:38 +0000

I am using impute in stata-se, version 8.2.  But trying to use >31
variables produces an error:

too many variables specified
r(103);

The reason for this is in the syntax statement for impute:

syntax varlist(min=2 max=31)

but I do not know why the max=31 limit exists.  I have editted the ado
file to increase it, and the command appears to work fine.  But
perhaps I have somehow broken it and my imputed values are incorrect.
Does anyone know why the max==31 limit exists and whether I am safe to
increase it?

Many thanks, Chris.