st: GLLAMM and mlogit with state dependence

From   "Vartia, Niini" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: GLLAMM and mlogit with state dependence
Date   Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:20:02 +0100

Dear Statalisters,
I have a longitudinal data on firms and my dependent variable is a discrete choice variable with three alternatives. I am estimating multinomial logit model with random intercept and would like to analyze state dependence in this setting since I expect that the past values of the dependent variable may affect the current choice. I would like to ask whether it is possible to just include a lagged dependent variable in the regression? Or do I need to consider initial conditions?
I would be grateful for any advice in this question.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Laura Vartia