st: Do file refusing to open

To   Stata _ <>
Subject   st: Do file refusing to open
Date   Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:14:42 -0500

Hello Statalist,
I have been unsuccessful in finding an answer to this on the search of
stata nor on the official stata site. Sometimes when I try to open a do
file I get the message:
"Could not open file because it is larger than 32000 bites". Of course
I can always open it as an ASCII e.g. in Notepad, then edit it as
needed, then run it by typing do c:\...\ but that is rather
tedious if I am interacting frequently between running and editing. Any
ideas how I can increase the "memory" of the do file opener? I have
broken the file down into smaller do files but I can't keep doing that
as it becomes hard to overview the programme.
Any suggestions welcome.

Tewodaj Mogues
Dept. of Agricultural and Applied Economics
University of Wisconsin - Madison
427 Lorch St. #317, Taylor Hall
Madison, WI 53706