[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
st: RE: RE: RE: Graph truncates axis labels and titles
No, this cognoscento (?) has egg on his face,
because he gave the wrong answer.
works, so the limit is only partial.
A few experiments indicate:
1. When Stata 7's -graph- looks inside a variable label
for a default title, it stops at 32 characters.
2. But otherwise -graph- will accept titles longer than
3. The answer is to subvert -graph- by doing the
reading of variable labels outside it.
graph myvar, histogram b2("`: variable label myvar'")
should work to get what you want. The
business was not documented in Stata 7, but was
implemented at that time, as I recall.
4. Another answer is just to type the desired title
> Didn't get the last part, but I am glad to see that one of
> the STATA cognoscenti corroborates my suspicion about this
> limitation in the STATA 7.
* For searches and help try: