st: RE: Graph truncates axis labels and titles

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Graph truncates axis labels and titles
Date   Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:30:17 -0000

You may not like this answer, but the best way
to deal with this is to upgrade to Stata 8.

You are quite right. Even by Stata 7 the -graph-
code was in several respects very dated. Some
of it went back to a time when value labels
were at most 8 characters long, and thus
axis labels were truncated. In essence,
StataCorp didn't fix this because they were
working on a total overhaul, which is now in
Stata 8.

In the case of axis titles, my guess is just
that there just not enough space to show
your variable label, but I am still surprised
by that. Perhaps you could give a concrete
example.

Jonas Dahlqvist