st: Graph truncates axis labels and titles

From   "Jonas Dahlqvist" <Jonas.Dahlqvist@ihh.hj.se>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Graph truncates axis labels and titles
Date   Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:09:20 +0100

When doing basic histograms with the graph command, STATA automatically uses value and variable labels for the axis labels and titles. However in the graphs, the labels and titles are often truncated. I have searched (plenty) for information on this and but have not found any "knob" to turn to make STATA generate longer axis labels and titles from the variable labels and value labels. As it stands, I cannot even get STATA to generate axis labels long enough to accommodate basic Likert-type statements. So my question is, are there any suitable knobs to turn? I use Stata 7 Intercooled.

Sincerely,

Jonas Dahlqvist
Doctoral Student
Jönköping International Business School