st: is a "rectangular" correlation matrix possible?

From   "Garrard, Wendy M." <>
To   <>
Subject   st: is a "rectangular" correlation matrix possible?
Date   Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:54:18 -0600

Nick -- Thanks for pointing me to ways to obtain a rectang...  AHHMM...
"oblong" correlation matrix.  :-)

The cpcorr command seems the simplest method for now.  But it seems to
use listwise exclusion instead of pairwise for the group of
correlations, so I am not getting the same results for pairs of
variables as I get from other weighted correlation commands.  Is it
possible to use pairwise exclusion with cpcorr -- or is there some other
reason for getting different results for pairs of variables from pwcorr
versus cpcorr?

I will try the matrix programming option when I have more experience
Stata programming.

Much thanks,