st: mobility table

From   "Katsuhide Isa" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: mobility table
Date   Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:23:27 +0900

Dear Statalisters,

I'm using Stata 8.
I have a data set of a matrix form describing regional
mobility (so called 'mobility table') like below:

     A  B  C
A  70 20 10
B  30 50 20
C  20 15 65

where A,B,C denote region codes.
# actual size is roughly fifty.

With this data I'd like to compute several mobility indices using
trace, eigenvalues, determinant, etc. And chi2 test is also
needed.

Is it possible to read this type of data directly into Stata to
compute these measures ?
Or, if it is hard or impossible in Stata, is there other software
more suitable for these calculations ?

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.

K.I.