Re: st: xtivreg

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtivreg
Date   Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:55:42 -0000

Rajdeep,

You've got three options:

- Keep using xtivreg.  This will generate consistent, albeit
inefficient, estimates even if one or more endogenous regressors is
dichotomous.  You could also consider Wooldridge's suggestion of
using the probit to generate fitted values and using these fitted
values as instruments in your IV equation.  See e.g. the discussion
on Statalist earlier this year:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-09/msg00352.html

- Use a canned program such as treatreg or cdsimeq and include dummy
variables for your fixed effects.

- Program it yourself.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,