st: RE : Re: Panel selection models

From   "Naceur Khraief" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE : Re: Panel selection models
Date   Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:57:45 -0500

Thank you Alejandro.

	-------- Message d'origine--------
	De: Alejandro Lopez-Feldman [mailto:[email protected]]
	Date: mer. 2004-11-10 23:05
	À: [email protected]
	Objet: st: Re: Panel selection models

	Naceur,

	As you realized I didn't get a definite answer  for my question about
	selection models with fixed effects. The thing is that there is no user
	written program to do this in STATA (I asked the guys at technical support
	and that is the answer that they gave me).  I think that the options are:
	a)use Kyriazidou method, she has a semiparametric program to do this (in
	Gauss) but I think that the theory behind that is only valid for T=2.
	b) If you can, use LIMDEP 8 to do this. William Greene has developed an
	estimator for selection with fixed effects based on recent work that he has
	been doing with a method to obtain probit  as well as tobit fixed effects.

	Alejandro