st: ps2pdf.ado

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
Subject   st: ps2pdf.ado
Date   Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:39:01 -0600 (CST)

A number of people have expressed some interest in exporting stata
graphs to a pdf format, so I put together a program which will "distill" a
single pdf file from one or more ps files in a specified folder on a
Windows PC. It will only work with Adobe Ver4.0 and up, though maybe
that's not the case. In case this matters, I usually export graphs
like this:

graph export, mag(175) orientation(landscape)
fontface(Garamond) replace logo(off) tmargin(.5) lmargin(.5);

To use ps2pdf, type "ps2pdf C:/.../outputfilename.txt". This will
produce a file named outputfilename.txt which will be used by Adobe
Distiller to yield outputfilename.pdf, which will contain ALL of the ps
files in C:/.../. Most importantly, ALL of the ps files as well as the
outputfilename.txt will be ERASED, since I hate to do this myself.

You can download it from

Please send me comments and suggestions or just mess with it yourself.
Parts of it are pretty inelegant, but it seems to work on my PC.