st: SSC submission notes

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: SSC submission notes
Date   Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:42:12 -0500

The SSC item
has been revised to discuss two issues relevant to those submitting materials to the SSC archive. It has become evident that a number of English words not in use as official Stata commands are nevertheless reserved in Stata 8 by the graphics subsystem. Use of one of those words as a user-written Stata command is problematic, as I have discovered with respect to -margin-. I have communicated this concern to the author of -margin-. Please see the web page above for a list of additional words that should not be used for user-written command names.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

* For searches and help try: