st: graphs linear regressions with dummies

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: graphs linear regressions with dummies
Date   Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:45:54 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to graph a two-way plot of a dependent and an explanatory
variable together with a fitted line, where the line is fitted with a
linear regression containing two dummy variables. When I do, the fitted
line doesn't come out linear, but incorporates the fitted values of the
observations where the dummies are 1. The only way I found of how to make
the fitted line look linear is to exclude from the graph the two
observations where the dummies are 1. Anyone know of a more
elegant/efficient way ? Viz. what I find puzzling is that the two dummies
are screwing up the linear graph of the fitted line, but the individual
fixed effects which I also have in the regression are not ?

Thanks
Ralph

Ralph Heinrich
Economic Affairs Officer