Re: st: heckman like model with panel data (Not heckman, cluster)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: heckman like model with panel data (Not heckman, cluster)
Date   Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:08:42 -0800

Dear Stas,

Thanks for your answer. I just have a couple of precisions
to make. What I want to do IS feasible, maybe there is no
code in STATA but it is feasible. The model that I want to
fit is LIKE the Heckman model it isn't exactly the heckman
model, precisely for the reason that you mention, i.e.,
there is no parametric fixed effect probit model, so there
is no straightforward extension.
The model that I am following is in Econometrica, 1997 by
Kyriazidou and it is mentioned also in the second edition of
C. Hsiao book on Analysis of Panel Data.  Finally, I think
that Limdep  8 has a semiparametric method to obtain probit
fixed effects and maybe can also do what I want but I don't
have access to it and it is too expensive (+500 dollars)

----- Original Message Follows -----