RE: Wish list: clear stata result screen

From   "Dan Menes" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Wish list: clear stata result screen
Date   Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:38:22 -0500

Hi, Renzo

There doesn't seem to be a "clear" command, but

display _newline(200)

is a little simpler than the loop you suggested.  Make sure you do a "set more off" first.

Dan Menes
Manager
Bates White LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Renzo Comolli
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 2:01 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FW: Wish list: clear stata result screen

A small addition to the Stata Wish list: a command for "Clear stata result
screen"
I think there is no such a command (I looked hard for it).

At the moment, I use an ado file I wrote (below), but for some reason it is
slow to execute.
If any person on Statalist has any idea to make it faster, I would greatly
appreciate.

program define cls2
        forvalues n=1/2000 {
        display ""