st: RE: statalist-digest V4 #1783

From   "Pradeep Kurukulasuriya" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: statalist-digest V4 #1783
Date   Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:03:15 -0500

Hi Stata-listers:

I have a model with a number of variables, some of which are collinear and
therefore get dropped when a regress command is executed. Is there a way of
extracting a subset of the names of the variables for which stata produces
estimates into a local or global macro ?

For example:

If I execute:

Regress y v1 z2 z3 v4

And stata estimates

Y v1 z2 z3

How can I get z2 and z3 into a macro which I can use in another proceedure?

Thanks so much!

Pradee Kurukulasuriya
FES, Yale University