RE: st: weighted logit - predict residuals?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: weighted logit - predict residuals?
Date   Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:58:51 -0000

Regardless of the views expressed here, whereas

. logit foreign mpg [aw=weight]

. predict res, res

doesn't work,

. glm foreign mpg [aw=weight], link(logit)

. predict res, res

does.

Stas Kolenikov

> From what I see in the help file, Stata does not provide for [aweight]
> estimation of a logit model. At any rate, if you can come up with a
> clear explanation as to how you want to generalize the residual /
> influence diagnostics to weighted data, that would be quite an
> achievement -- I don't think I've seen it done before in literature.
> It is one of those cases when something obvious is not implemented in
> Stata means it is not statistically justified. If you estimate the
> model without the weights, get the diagnostic variables, and multiply
> them by the weights, you still won't have exactly what you need, as
> the model in which they were estimated is a different (and probably
> incorrect) one.

[email protected]