st: RE: stata to winbugs

From   "David Harrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: stata to winbugs
Date   Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:52:04 -0000

A while ago, I produced the following program which produces a rectangular format with variable names at the top - haven't used it for a long time and I can't remember how well it works, but feel free to play with it! The -list- option just puts an S-plus format list at the top of the file for specifying constants etc.

David
[email protected]

program define outbugs
    version 8
    syntax [varlist] [if] [in] using/ [, list(string) noLabel replace ]
	if index("`using'",".")==0 {
        local using "`using'.txt"
    }
	foreach v of varlist `varlist' {
        char `v'[varname] "`v'[]"
    }
    set more off
	qui log using `"`using'"', text `replace'
    if "`list'"!="" {
        di as result _n "list(`list')"
    }
    set linesize 255
	list `varlist' `if' `in', subvarname clean noobs abbreviate(33) `label'
    qui log close
end