Re: st: multiple choice with varying choice set

From   Thomas Gschwend <>
Subject   Re: st: multiple choice with varying choice set
Date   Fri, 05 Nov 2004 08:25:33 +0100

I want to estimate a multiple choice model with both, chooser specific and
choice specific independent variables (conditional logit model).

Does any-one know how I can allow for VARYING CHOICE SETS? In my model,
individuals do not have the same number of choices: there are min. 3 and
max. 6 alternatives. some individuals have 3, some 4, some 5, and some have
the max. of 6 alternatives.
Not sure if I understood your question correctly.
-clogit- allows for varying choice sets. Thus, all you have to do is to set-up your data set appropriately.
In order to organize your data in such a way -reshape- is your friend.

Thomas Gschwend, PhD
Mannheimer Zentrum fuer Europaeische Sozialforschung (MZES)
University of Mannheim
68131 Mannheim
0621.181.2809 (voice)
0621.181.2845 (fax)