st: Re: Stata and Excel

From   Friedrich Huebler <>
Subject   st: Re: Stata and Excel
Date   Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:54:01 -0800 (PST)

Your message implies that you have Stat/Transfer. In your do-file,
you can save the results as a Stata data file and then convert this
file with -stcmd- to an Excel file. This file could then be linked to
your other Excel files.

save results.dta, replace
stcmd stata results.dta excel results.xls /y

Friedrich Huebler

--- Yaseen Ghulam <> wrote:
> Dear Stata users,
> Is there anyway of linking stata and MS Excel? I mean we run the
> model from our
> do files, do the predictions and other calculations and excel get
> the predicted
> values direcly from Stata. Our objective is to present these
> coefficents and
> predicted values in excel pivot tables. One way may be creating log
> files or
> coping and pasting or using stat transfer, but we are interested
> that excel should
> get the values in a way as it gets values from other sheets or
> excel file.
> Yaseen Ghulam
> Lecturer Banking and Finance
> University of Portsmouth