Re: st: RE: Problems to retrieve poverty lines after povdeco (+ some questions) (Q3)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Problems to retrieve poverty lines after povdeco (+ some questions) (Q3)
Date   Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:19:19 -0500

Here are my results.

global po "[aw=hhweight]"

su f12e $po

    Variable |     Obs      Weight        Mean   Std. Dev.       Min        Max
-------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------
        f12e |   48943  16724306.4    .7159806   .4509507          0          1

bysort wealthgroup_p20022: su f12e $po

-> wealthgroup_p20022 = 1

    Variable |     Obs      Weight        Mean   Std. Dev.       Min        Max
-------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------
        f12e |   11189   3345042.5    .5530961    .497195          0          1

-> wealthgroup_p20022 = 2

    Variable |     Obs      Weight        Mean   Std. Dev.       Min        Max
-------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------
        f12e |   10592   3345482.9    .6932515   .4611658          0          1

-> wealthgroup_p20022 = 3

    Variable |     Obs      Weight        Mean   Std. Dev.       Min        Max
-------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------
        f12e |   10417  3344814.96    .6698997   .4702715          0          1

-> wealthgroup_p20022 = 4

    Variable |     Obs      Weight        Mean   Std. Dev.       Min        Max
-------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------
        f12e |    9862  3341930.61    .7412699   .4379593          0          1

-> wealthgroup_p20022 = 5

    Variable |     Obs      Weight        Mean   Std. Dev.       Min        Max
-------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------
        f12e |    6883  3347035.41    .9222861   .2677403          0          1

preserve
collapse (mean) f12e $po
outsheet using Objpov1.xls, replace
restore, preserve
collapse (mean) f12e $po, by(wealthgroup_p20022)
outsheet using Objpov2.xls, replace
restore

The results in excel are:

National mean: 1

By quintiles:
wealthgroup_p20022      f12e
1     1
2     1
3     1
4     1
5     1

I got 1 everywhere.
Best regards.
Amadou.

                      "Nick Cox"
                      <[email protected]>           To:       <[email protected]>
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      owner-statalist@hsphsun2.        Subject:  st: RE: Problems to retrieve poverty lines
                      harvard.edu                       after povdeco (+ some    questions) (Q3)

                      11/04/2004 11:21 AM
                      Please respond to
                      statalist

Evidence please.