st: Descriptive statistics

From   "Chen Chwen Chwen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Descriptive statistics
Date   Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:55:00 +0100

Hello,

I want to create a table containing descriptive statistics of two
variables, var1 and var2, distinguishing by tit and I. These descriptive
statistics are the number of observations, the minimum, the mean, the
median, the first and the third quartile, the maximum and the standard
deviation. I use the command summarize:

by tit: summarize var1 var2 if I==-1
by tit: summarize var1 var2 if I==1

However with this command I can't have all the statistics I need. What
command can I use to also take into account the two criteria?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Chwen Chwen Chen