st: Equality of distributions

From   "Nassar" <>
To   "Stata-L (E-mail)" <>
Subject   st: Equality of distributions
Date   Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:37:32 +0100

Hi all,

I have two distributions (observed) and several theoretical (built upon
simulations), each is resumed into its own varaible (no expression)
I'm looking for tests in order to establish whether
- Reject/accept whether one theoretical distribution can describe the
observed data..
- Given degrees of freedom, which one describe "best" the observed data ?
References, commands in Stata are highly welcome..

Observed data are nominal, other are continuous

Best regards
Naji Nassar