st: Re: RE: switchr

From   "Zhuo Chen" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: RE: switchr
Date   Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:35:48 -0500

Thanks, Nick, the references he gave out are related to the EM algorithm, while I am more concerned with the switching regression in which the regime is not identified. I know that the author has no obligation to do more than that but just curious whether anyone has used the package.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Cox" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 5:34 PM
Subject: st: RE: switchr

Are you looking at the -switchr- help file on SSC,
as visible (even without installing) by

. ssc type switchr.hlp

This help file provides several paragraphs of
comment and some precise related references.
It seems exemplary to me.

In general, a help file should explain the
syntax for using a command. It is not
obliged to do much more.

Zhuo Chen (Adam)

Hi, anyone has experience with "switchr" by Frederic
Zimmerman? I was trying
to use it but its help file doesn't provided too much
information on related
literature and algorithm.