Re: st: model identification problem

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: model identification problem
Date   Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:49:22 -0500

> I use -ml- to estimate my model  and the error information is that my
> model is possibly not identified. How can I check the identifiability
> of my model? Thanks a lot!

What exactly does Stata say? Copy and paste the output, so that
somebody can give it a better shot. I never thought Stata's -ml- was
so smart as to check fairly theoretically involved identification
conditions for you (although it is very smart as a non-linear
maximization program, of course :))

Stas Kolenikov