st: how to drop groups of variables at one time

From   Suzy <>
Subject   st: how to drop groups of variables at one time
Date   Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:24:43 -0400

Dear Statlisters,
I have stata v.8.2 intercooled. I created an interaction term using a continuous predictor variable*3 category predictor variable. I then included the term into a logistic regression model. I received output that essentially stated I had no more room. My matsize was at the limit of 800 and I had set my memory to 100m and all my variables were compressed. I now want to drop the dummy variables that I created using the xi: and i. function. I have many of them and want to know an easy command to drop many variables at once. I tried drop i.variable/i.variable, but that doesn't work. However, if there is a way for me to add more space than what I've already done, that would be preferable.
Thanks for any suggestions on this.

* For searches and help try: